How to install Procreate brushes
Here's a quick guide on how to install your Procreate brushes:
From a Desktop Computer:
You’ll need Procreate version 5 to install the .brushset and .procreate files.
- Unzip the contents of the Product folder using your default computer unzipping app.
NOTE: Often the Product zip file will include more than one software format. Only transfer and install the .brushset or .procreate files found in the Procreate folder.
- From a Mac (macOS 10.11 or higher): Use Airdrop to transfer the .brushset and Procreate documents to your iPad.
- From Windows: Use a file sharing service (like Dropbox) to transfer the .brushset and .procreate files. Open the Files app on your iPad, navigate to where you’ve saved the file. Tap on the .brushset file then click the small […] icon and click Export. Click Open In… and tap Copy to Procreate. Repeat this for each brushset and document.
- Open Procreate. The Procreate documents will appear in your Procreate gallery. The brushes will automatically be imported into the brush panel (usually right at the top) in their relevant labelled brush sets.
From and iPad:
Please note: Only download products to your iPad created for an iPad app, like Procreate. Downloading products designed to be used in desktop software like Adobe is not recommended.
Download ZipApp (free version is fine) from the App Store to your iPad. Install it and open the app. Note: If you have the latest OS on your iPad, you don't need a third-party unzipping app, it should unzip automatically when selected - then skip to number 4.
- Download your purchase from your account which will be a zip file.
- When the download window appears on your iPad, tap Open in… > Zip App. Zip App will open. Tap on the zip file, then click Yes.
NOTE: Downloading the product files to your iPad will download the entire product that includes other file formats. Only open and import .brushset files and .Procreate files found in the Procreate folder.
- After unzipping the files on your iPad, you’ll be able to locate the .brushset files on your iPad in your Files app in the On My iPad location. Navigate to the .brushset file(s). In the top right, tap Select, then select one of the brushset files. Tap Share at the bottom left, then tap Open in Procreate.
- Open Procreate, you’ll see your new .brushset files will appear at the top of the Brush Library. Repeat for the rest of the brushsets and documents.